News : Dual 32/64-bit Windows licence
June 28th 2012 (updated March 2013)
Three dual 32/64-bit options have been added to our range of Windows Winteracter licences,
allowing development of both 32-bit and 64-bit applications. Dual 32/64-bit licences are available for use with Intel,
Absoft or Lahey Fortran compilers. Each licence also includes support for GNU gfortran 4.6.
Pricing and Licence Conversion
The new dual licence is priced at £695 (US$1095), a saving of at least 20% when compared to separate 32-bit
and 64-bit licences. Holders of 32-bit or 64-bit licences can convert to a dual licence for a one-off conversion
fee, plus the usual upgrade fee (where applicable). The conversion fee is based on the difference between our
single and dual licence prices, currently £200 (US$320). For combined conversion+upgrade prices, see
Dual 32/64-bit Windows Licence Conversions on our Price List page.
What's included ?
The dual 32/64-bit licence includes all the usual Winteracter tools and documentation,
but offers the following specific benefits:
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit libraries are included for use with the chosen commercial Fortran compiler (Intel, Absoft or Lahey).
Equivalent libraries for use with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of GNU gfortran 4.6 are also included.
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit Winteracter-based applications can be built on either
32-bit or 64-bit Windows platforms. This includes the ability to build 64-bit applications on 32-bit Windows systems.
(Obviously, a 64-bit Windows system is required to run 64-bit applications, but a 64-bit system is not needed
for compilation/linking of 64-bit applications).
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the redistributable Winteracter tools are supplied,
namely PlotConv, 3Dview,
WinterView and the generic installer.
- Previous (pre-9.20) restrictions on how to install separate 32-bit and 64-bit licences have been eliminated, simplifying both
installation and updating. Each can now be performed in a single operation, with both CD and update installers recognising the
new dual-licence type.
How to Order
The easiest way to order a dual 32/64-bit Windows Winteracter upgrade is via our
on-line order form. Simply select one of "Intel Visual Fortran 10-13 (Windows, 32/64-bit)",
"Absoft Fortran 10/11 (Windows, 32/64-bit)" or "Lahey Fortran 4/5/7 & Lahey/GNU (Windows, 32/64-bit)" in the Target compiler/platform
field and select "Upgrade" under New/Upgrade. Then enter the serial number of the Windows Winteracter
licence you wish to upgrade/convert. We will bill you accordingly, on receipt of your order.
- We continue to offer separate 32-bit and 64-bit licences, as previously. Conversion to a dual 32/64-bit licence
is entirely optional. Customers who prefer to stick with a single-target licence can upgrade to the latest release in the usual way,
at the upgrade prices shown on our Price List.
- Dual licences are strictly for use with the Fortran compiler combinations listed on our Price List.
We do not offer licences for mixed combinations of different 32-bit and 64-bit compilers. In particular, the dual licence for use with
Intel Visual Fortran does not support Digital/Compaq Visual Fortran 5.0/6.x.
- Our usual no-charge compiler transfer option is allowed, when converting+upgrading
to a dual 32/64-bit licence.
- Customers who already hold separate 32-bit and 64-bit pre-9.20 Windows Winteracter licences can merge
them into one dual 32/64-bit licence for the cost of one standard upgrade, based on whichever licence is older. The conversion fee will be
waived in this case. However, only the merged dual licence will be upgradable in future. Customers wishing to merge licences in this way
should order an upgrade and include a note specifying the two 5-digit serial numbers of the licences to be merged. When ordering via our
on-line order form, use the Notes field at the bottom of the main form to provide this information.
- This annoucement does not imply endorsement of any specific third party software product.
Refer to Supported Compilers/Platforms for more information.
For more information email: